Five Things To Do After A Car Accident
If you have been injured in a car accident, your first priority should be getting medical treatment. Your safety and well-being are the primary concerns.
While every situation is unique, here are five other things you can do after a car accident that can improve your chance of success in the legal arena:
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles, skid marks, your injuries and any other information that could prove important for your injury claim.
- Gather contact information from potential witnesses.
- Be careful about what you say to the insurance adjuster. Don’t accept a lowball offer or make potentially damaging statements without first talking to your own lawyer.
- Get treatment and follow your doctor’s orders. Medical treatment is important for your own well-being. Additionally, you must have ample documented evidence to have a strong case for damages. By documenting your treatment and following your doctor’s orders, you can give yourself the best possible chance of obtaining fair compensation for your losses.
- Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer: Perhaps the most important thing you can do, once you are safe and getting treatment, is consult with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who knows how to handle car accident claims. If you face this legal battle alone, you will likely end up with far less than you deserve. By enlisting the services of an experienced lawyer, you can maximize your recovery.
For information and advice on the specifics of your claim, talk to one of the experienced Minneapolis car accident attorneys at the Law Office of Jeffrey A. Jones, P.A. You can reach us online or by telephone at 612-234-2992.